Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Motivational quotes that have TRUTH to them


I got an email today with some motivational quotes and thought they deserved to be shared. I have added my own thoughts on these quotes and hope that you can take something in from each of them today and apply it to good mental health.

"The Groundwork of all happiness in good health" -- Leigh Hunt

This one really hits home with me because when someone is in good health in every aspect it is hard for them not to be happy. If you think about the people who are unhappy or even about your own unhappiness, is it due to poor physical health? What about poor mental health? Spiritual? I think this quote probably holds a lot of truth. Being health is pretty priceless. Ask anyone who isn't!

"The principle is competing against yourself. It is about self-improvement, about being better than you were the day before" -- Steve Young

I think this is another quote that really resonated with me. Any time that I find myself competing against others it makes me entirely miserable but when I strive to compete with myself and be better than I was before, I find myself feeling energized, motivated, and entirely driven for success. I challenge you today to compete with yourself. Did you work out yesterday? If not, spend 30 minutes moving your body today. If you did, do something a little extra today. Were you nice to the ones you loved yesterday? If not, love on them today. You get the idea.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence is not an act but a habit." --Aristotle

I think this is the quote today that really inspired me. Often times I will say things like "I am not healthy" or "I procrastinate constantly." The difference between me being healthy and unhealthy is the habit of doing things that are healthy. I have decided to stop saying those negative things about myself and just start DOING what I want to be!

"Be not afraid of going slowly; be afraid only of standing still" -- Chinese Proverb

I think a lot of times I get really frustrated when things take time like getting in shape, saving money for something special, or even accomplishing a goal. This was a great reminder today that only standing still is not getting anywhere. As long as you are moving, you are going the right way!

I hope this quotes helped you today and drove you onto new and better things!

No comments:

Post a Comment