Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thirsty Thursday 7/1/2010

I looked up the definition of "thirsty" and it came up saying "parched or craving something." I thought that was a great way to start our Thirsty Thursdays. A lot of us go through life thirsting for something but we aren't sure what it is. My guess is that we are all craving happiness. Happiness is defined as "a state of well-being characterized by emotions ranging from contentment to immense joy. Most of us haven't even found contentment much less immense joy.

I thought we should start today by telling you one way to be a happier person. We will be going through these ways over the next several weeks of Thirsty Thursdays.

The first one is ...

Limit your Focus:

A lot of us try to be perfect in a number of areas of our lives like being a perfect spouse, a perfect parent, a perfect employee, perfect in our health/fitness, etc... and to be honest, this is the PERFECT recipe for unhappiness.

Limiting your focus to one area of your life that you want to be great at and giving yourself the ability to be "ok" at other areas can be the key to achieving true happiness. For me, I have made it my ultimate goals to be dedicated to my faith and great at my marriage. The rest (job, parenting, hobbies, housekeeping, and fitness) just seem to not feel quite as important when I am truly reaching the goal of being a great wife.

When we try to be perfect in so many areas, we make it much easier to be bad at everything therefore decreasing our happiness in life.

Go ahead and comment on this post with the one thing you want to be great at and allow yourself to just be good at everything else.

Have a great Thursday everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment