Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Talk it Out Tuesday 7/27/2010

Today I wanted to take a poll and I could really use your help. I want to know the following if you could email me at ericalewisms@hotmail.com or simply leave a comment after this post.

The questions are...

Imagine that you are looking for a therapist/counselor. I would like to know the following things from you if you indeed were looking for a therapist...

1. How would you find a therapist in your area? (would you go online, ask a friend, etc...)

2. What is most important to you when looking for a therapist?

3. What would make you feel comfortable in a therapist's office?

4. Would you use a therapist if you heard about them from your general doctor or a trusted professional?

5. Does a free consultation session appeal to you when trying out a therapist? (this is a 50 minute free consultation to meet the therapist and talk with them to see if it is a fit)

Thank you ahead of time for your input and I really appreciate it!

Have a lovely Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. 1. I would go online, there are site that give you the pros and cons of a (insert profession). I do this a lot when I have to find something for my son, as a mom you always want the best for your child.

    2. Location, availability, price.

    3. It has to feel warm and like a home setting. I would feel uncomfortable in a drab office.

    4. I would strongly take the professionals advice. Of course, I would do my own research on the therapist.

    5. Free consultation would be a huge benefit. Lots of people don't by clothes unless they try them on. So I think this would be a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1.) I think I would ask a friend, someone close to me that shared the same opinions about things or had the same type personality as me to see if that therapist might appeal to me.

    2.) For me, the most important thing would be how comfortable I felt with that person, but I'd have to meet them first. :)

    3.) I think atmosphere would be important. I would want to feel comfortable since things we were discussing may not be so comfortable. :)

    4.) That depends...maybe...it really would depend on whether or not I liked the health-care professional doing the recommending. I wouldn't all together dismiss that person, but it might make me more hesitant to follow through.

    5.) The idea of a free consultation is definitely appealing for the very reason you mentioned. I would want to see if it "clicked".

    ReplyDelete